New PSK-150 skimmer

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by 2in10, Jun 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Well it has been 2 1/2 weeks since I started using the skimmer and after a break in period that seems to be just about ended I decided to empty the collection cup that was half full. It has been about 1 week since I emptied it last. The water was the color of strong tea and the tube was coated with a thick layer of sludge. I made one mistake while emptying the cup .... I smelled it.:sick: Almost returned lunch. Very happy with the performance considering it is running on a 85 gallon system with now 5 small fish. I will definitely not be smelling the skimmate since it now pretty well broken in.;D

In my limited experience with skimmers this one is awesome, with far greater effectiveness and I paid about the same as I paid for my CPR Bak Pak that was used on my 26BF with a much heavier bioload to less effect.

2. Click Here!

3. jbb_00

jbb_00 Skunk Shrimp

"I smelled it " ....... LMAO!!!!

BIG mistake, piece of advice - dont taste it, so I've been told

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Trust me I have ABSOLUTELY no intent of attempting that foolishness.

5. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

the worst it smells, that best. that's how we all hobbyists like it :)

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Well I don't know if we like but at least it lets us know on skimmer is doing its job well.

7. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

OMG I literally almost fell out of my chair! ROFL!! I'm still giggling as I type this!!;D

Glad to hear that it works. I'm going to put a psk-100h on my mantis tank.

8. Click Here!

9. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I wanted to see how well it was doing compared to my Bak Pak. The skimmate from the Bak Pak rarely stunk. It is down right rancid now.

10. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I love Eshopps! Wish I had known about them before I bought the skimmer for my DT.

11. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I'm glad I went with them. The skimmers tend to be very sensitive, so go conservative during the break in period.

12. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

When you were breaking in did you have problems with overflowing the cup? You weren't kidding about the adjustment being touchy! I got my 100 set up on my 46 system and had it producing some foam that turned to dingy water in the cup. Left the room and came back to a flood. So now I have it adjusted so the water is just in the neck and the foam isn't really building well enough to climb the neck. It's working just like a brand new skimmer should though and when it breaks in I think I'm going to have to get a first hand sniff-o-sample of the effluent. ;D