New powder blue and ich

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by xpand, Feb 26, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. xpand

xpand Flamingo Tongue

Hello, I know this is a common problem with powder blues and regals. I'm doing 10 percent water changes each week. Feeding a wide range of foods which my powder eats. Even soaking shrimp in garlic. Any tips? I do have cleaner shrimp and a cleaner wrasse. The wrasse isn't aggressive anymore but if a fish lets it, it will clean away.
    The regal blue doesn't have any visual signs of ich. Just the powder blue and Kole tang ! All other fish appear to be good to go !

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

You can try adding some of the medicated stuff with tea tree oil to the food, that sometimes helps. Otherwise you're doing fine. As long as they are eating, don't worry. But if they stop, thats when you gotta pull them out and into a hospital tank.

4. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

Keep them fed, lots of nori daily. My powder blue fought ich for months. He was in very iffy health when I got him. He is now fat and happy and hasn't had an outbreak in a long time.

We can't cure them, but if we keep them happy, in a good environment, and well fed, their own immune system will do the job for you.

5. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

Whats the flow like in your tank, from your sig you only use 2 kor 1400's in a 210g long? I know you have your return pumps too but im wondering if you have not enough flow and a bunch of dead spots casuing the ich to appear. That size of a tank and what your feeding should have that powder blue healthy as a horse.

6. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Selcon. I hated my PBT but he didn't get ick, just killed all the other tangs.