New Peacock Arrived Tonight

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by schackmel, Aug 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. heidimi

heidimi Fire Shrimp

Beautiful Shrimp!! Man if I ever have a nano, no fish style, that will be the main inhabitant :)

2. Click Here!

3. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

idk curt.. some how i still find that funny;D It would kind of make me relax a little. then i would take the dog out or something when its time to stop it. Ofcourse idk the situation so... :p

still want more pics though!!

4. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

will try to get some soon. She is still settling in and has found a den that is kind of in the back of the tank, so not the easiest to see her. It is funny you go in and try to look at her and she has herself fairly well denned in....all you can see one eye looking out at you!

She is doing very well, and eating nicely. She has taken a couple snail and yesterday took a krill.....so I think she is going to do just fine!

5. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

well she is going into her first molt since we got her. I am fairly sure she will do just fine, even though it is still close from the time we got her to her first molt. However she was eating very well prior to this so......keep our fingers crossed.

Still learning her behaviors. Normally I can tell when a shrimp is going into their molt and just let them be. Tonight went to go feed a snail to her and she came out of her den ever so slightly, picked up teh snail and tossed that thing across the tank. She then went back into her little den!

6. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

That's awesome!! How long after going in the tank did it take for her to eat? Mine seems to be completely ignoring the hermits I threw in there. I'm going to throw a scarlet cleaner shrimp in tomorrow to try and get a reaction! lol. Between him and the two maroon clowns.. it's been a constant dust storm in the new DSB.

Mine came in Thursday! He's dug a den that is easy for me to see in luckily. I just need to secure a piece of live rock but am afraid to do so. I'm going to wait a few days and left him get some food before I go putting my hands in there.

7. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

she actually took food the first night we got her. i let her get settled and then threw a snail in front of her. She went right after it. We have kept snails in the tank and right now she hasnt gone after them, but she still will only take food that i drop right in front of her. She has even ate krill that i had on a stick!

Yesterday she did come out of her molt just fine. I was in there and peaked in and she was halfway out of her den. So I took another snail and dropped it in front of her and she just smashed away. ALL NIGHT LONG she smashed away........3am: smash......all dogs run off the bed into the computer room woof! 310am smash.....dogs woof! Went that way all night long!

When yours gets settled, snap some pics!

8. Click Here!

9. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

I love my peacock and zebra mantis'. My lfs gets mantis' in frequently if any one is interested I could ship them.they are awesome I just hand fed the zebra for the first time...very nerve racking lol but successful.going to start the training of the peacock this week I hope