new octo guy!!!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by loneracer05, Dec 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Wow he is a big fellow huh? Very cool.

2. Click Here!

3. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

yeah i didnt realize he was this big prior estimates wer around 12 inches lol clearly i was wrong his arms are very very skinny near the tips

4. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

possibly a long armed ocotpus? i know that sounds stupid but that is a type of octo.

5. loneracer05

could be ive only narrowed it down by afew i know its not a bimac lol

6. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

well your getting somewhere! any identifying marks? im 14 and have nothing better to do so i wanna help lol.

7. loneracer05

unfortunately i dont think there was very much in regards to special marks... when he morphs to a white color with an irridesant blueish green center...the blue green tapers to his arms .... ill hafta get a better pic tmo or fri... she is going to try to get a pic of his top side but i think its gonna be tough with the lights being out and still being new to the tank... im being told it is most likly a o.briareus wich is NOT a dwarf octo :/... so i may be in trouble here lol

8. Click Here!

9. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

since we are certain it isnt a blue ring why not just nudge it out of the rockwork? that might help some. just dont hurt it!!

10. loneracer05

well my friend is afraid it will bite her lol even after watching it play with my hand for a solid 10 min. so ill hafta do the nudging lol... i know their bites are feww and far between and rarely anything remotely serious but shes not buyin it lol( its her octopus but its really mine bc as you can see im the primary care giver haha)

11. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I demand VIDEO!!! :D

That's really cool. Octos are awesome critters, and a 29 biocube is appearing to be the perfect species only size tank :lol: This is the second octo i've heard of in a 29. I've heard of some other awesome critters in those tanks as well.

12. loneracer05

i dont think i can video lol the 29 biocube is an awesome tank i had my mantis in 1 pics up later tonite