New Nano!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by omard, Jul 25, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Got my new nano yesterday.

Got setup, put everything in, then pump quit.

Called DFS and they are sending out new aquarium for me to get pump from & sending prepaid return. [​IMG]

They also honored the advertised RC only price of $89.00! AND also gave me the 15% discount ("dodge" in coupon block)!!! (which they said was no longer a valid advertisement for the cube - so if you want to get one for this price, order quick before they pull the add down, which they said they were doing...)

Also found out you can only use the "dodge" coupon trick once - but because I did use it on original order, they applied to the $89 price. :eek: (saved me enough $ to get a titanium heater for it)

Nano Cube - For RC members only

HG-18682 12 gallon $119.99 Now: $89.99

HG-19505 12 gallon Deluxe $199.99 Now: $159.99

Here are some pics of new cube setup: (temporary hang on filter, till new pump arrives - which I probably going to replace anyway re: MDeth)

(Click on image for larger pic.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the long lost percs are going to be much happier in their new home rather then then the overflow where they spent 4+ years. Gotta wonder what is going on in those tiny little fish brains.

[​IMG]

Scott

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  2. Click Here!

3. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Nope...rock, corals, water from main tank. - let sit for couple hours - checked params...all looked good. In went fish.

5. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

6. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Anyone know how to tell difference between Percula Clownfish (Amphiprion percula) and False Percula Clownfish (A. ocellaris)? :confused:

7. cwop357

cwop357 Astrea Snail

I am considering buying this nano. Do you know what the difference is between the deluxe and the regular. Also would I have to get a new light and filter to have corals in my tank.

Thanks

8. Click Here!

9. cwop357

cwop357 Astrea Snail

10. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Thanks much!

While I can't really count the dorsal spines, the heavy black margins around white bars leads me to believe they are Percula Clownfish, Clown Anemonefish (Amphiprion percula)

[​IMG]

Because of its name, Amphiprion percula, it is the True Percula Clownfish.
    Typically orange in color with three white bars, with the middle bar having a forward-projecting bulge.
    Has 10 (rarely 9) dorsal spines.
    Usually has jet black margins of varied widths around its white bars, often of which can be rather thick.
    Distribution of this species in nature: Northern Queensland and Melanesia (New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland, Solomon Islands, and Vanuatu).

11. MDeth

MDeth Feather Star

I'd say probably false.

My thought was the thicker black band = ocel

12. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I'd like to know their resources for that because I know clownfish breeders who cant tell the difference between them. That also leaves out the misbars and the other genetic deformalities like naked clowns(no stripes). True percs can have 9 or 10 dorsal spines, and false can have 10 or 11. Where do you all think the black false clowns come from? Its from breeding false clowns with more black then others, according to the website, only true percs have more black then the false's have.

IMO, they are the same fish pretty much, different genetic traits come out more in different individual fish. Thats why you can have 200 fish eggs hatch and they will all look different.

Its all in the rules of supply and demand. If you make somebody think product A is better then product B, even though they are the same thing pretty much, then the person will get product A because you made them think it was better.