New Nano Skimmers!

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Covey, Dec 22, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

I got the new Marine depot catalog in the mail yesterday and noticed a few new Nano skimmer available. They had a pic of a new Aqua-C nano model it not listed on there website yet. Also Tunze had a new intank nano skimmer too.
    http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_protein_skimmers_tunze_doc_comline_nano_classic.asp?CartId=

And for those that like to have reefs small enough to be carry on luggage the smalliest skimmer I have ever seen.
    http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_protein_skimmers_current_usa_fission_nano_skimmer.asp?CartId=

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

OMG! if i ever upgrade my nanos light, and i might...i am gona get that

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

do you think that they would fit in the little back area of my nano?

5. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

The current one? Yes I think it was designed to fit in Current's knock off of the JBJ nano cube.

6. Trickman2

Trickman2 Bristle Worm

Those are cool...The Tunze one looks awesome

7. corebond

corebond Astrea Snail

I know someone who ordered the Fission Nano Protein Skimmer. It is on back order. I am curious to see how it will work. Does anyone have any experience with the Fission?

8. Click Here!

9. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

What ive read about the Fission is you always have to adjust it, at a point where its a pain. Plus micro bubbles all over. But its just what i read. Never seen it in person. Sucks cause im looking for a small skimmer that will fit in the back part of a JBJ 12gal nano cube.

Marc.

10. corebond

corebond Astrea Snail

Have you looked at smallreefsolutions.com. They have surface skimmers for the 12g jbj. I have also heard that it is possible to make this yourself with a cassette tape holder.

11. santiagodr

santiagodr Plankton

Hey all... I have one of the Fission Nano Skimmers, and I was not very pleased. There were always lots of micro bubbles in the tank, but even worse is that there is a little sponge that you have to change every few weeks... (and if the sponge got smashed in the package, it was difficult to reshape it so that it could work well)

I did not have much luck with this skimmer... and I am currently looking for something better. Let me know what you all are using and what you think about them!

12. glampka

glampka Coral Banded Shrimp

Some people swear by the Fission skimmer. Most however swear at it!! As m said - microbubbles & difficult to adjust. Check out Sapphire skimmers - they build them to fit the back compartments of the cubes. Depending on model of cube you might have to move the return pump to a different chamber. nanotuners carries them.