New mushroom

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by jborlace, Jan 6, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jborlace

jborlace Purple Spiny Lobster

I got a new mushroom yesterday. It was open nice and full at the fish store but not so much in my tank. At the store it was on the very top rack under AI LEDs. I've read these like low light and flow. I put it on the sand bed and am only running my LEDs at 30%. It doesn't look horrible but not like at the store either. Should I move it to the top of the tank like it was at the store or leave it and see what happens. [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

They are still acclimating I would leave them be for now

4. jborlace

First mushroom I've had so didn't know what to expect. The zoas I bought opened in a few minutes but some I got a few weeks ago won't open at all. I think I need to stop buying coral. Lol

5. APC

APC Gigas Clam

I think you are okay - It has taken over a month for some mushrooms to acclimate in my tank...but once they do...they really take off.

6. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

I agree. The mushrooms I've housed acted the same way. They stayed quite small for about a month and then took off really quickly. I would say leave them on the sandbed and make sure they aren't getting too much direct flow, they don't like to be tossed around violently.

7. jborlace

I know my cal, alk and mag are high. Didn't know how much that's effecting the new corals. All my old corals are fine.

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

If you move them up and the light is too intense they just detach and float off in search of a better location. It's a pain to put it mildly. Give them a week and if you have to move them up then do so in steps to find the sweet spot.