new member saying hi and my set up etc.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by david, Jun 1, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Hey everyone I just joined today and I wanted to say hi to every body! Well I am 30 and love to keep fish I had a 30 gal reef tank I learned the sport on, but eventually it got infested with flat worms and I took it down. I ran it for 3 years before that. I just finished cycling a 55 gal tank and cant wait to get it filled with awsome coral!!! Right now I have about 16lbs. of live rock in there. I buy it one piece at a time, money is short right now. I also pick each piece for its quality though. I have a coral beauty,so many turbos i lost count,same with the crabs, also and a peppermint shrimp.
    I know the beauty is not "reef safe" but I had one in my 30 gal. and he never hurt anything. I hope this one will be good too! I would like to up my P.H. it's at 8.0 any suggestions on the best way to do this would be appreciated!! I bought some Kent superbuffer dkh but it says to put it in my sump and i don't have one so i have done nothing with it yet. I am running a fluval 304 and a penguin 330 bio wheel with a coralife super skimmer.The skimmer is o.k. but i think i'm gonna get a better one, I can put outside the tank!
    Well talk more soon have fun later

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Welcome David!

Go to the water chemistry forum or search the site for Seachem and you'll find a ton of information from Wrassman - Super Moderator - that will identify the Seachem products you need to have a Ph of 8.3. The Seachem products are "engineered" to maintain an 8.3 Ph level and Wrassman is making coverts out of all of us!

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Welcome David! :)

You have joined at a good time, we have been talking about pH lately. Currently mine is too high from some DIY rock that isn't cured yet. If you like, I can send you a piece to help with your tank. ;D

These guys are high on Seachem, may be worth a shot.

Anyway, thanks for joining....

[flash=468,60]http://www.3reef.com/fish/sitepics/threesteps3.swf[/flash]

5. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

hiya and welcom to the forum

yes i to am a seachem fan there ph buffer should help you plus there alkalinity buffer. also what type of salt do you use most salts will raise the ph to 8.2 when you mix it

6. random_ryan

random_ryan Plankton

new memeber

hi I am ryan I have 2 swim tanks and a reef tank. I realy don't have alot to say.

7. ragc

ragc Bristle Worm

Welcome! I myself have been a member for like 2 days! Great people, though...I can tell already.

I also don't have a sump. I dilute stuff in a cup of R/O water and add slowly to the tank...same as putting it in your sump. The intent is to not shock the tank with full strength additives.

8. Click Here!

9. gmccntryboy

gmccntryboy Astrea Snail

Welcome David, I use seachem in my tank and it stays at 8.3. Seachem rocks!!! Good luck.

10. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Welcome! I am happy so many people are coming to 3Reef with the same size tank is me. o_O

11. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Hello David! Welcome to 3reef. You will be glad you joined!!! Keep us posted with your tank.