New Maxima...but now I have questions..

Discussion in 'Clams' started by Kevin3884, Jun 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ClamsOnDemand

ClamsOnDemand 3reef Sponsor

Sounds like bad packaging and shipping. USPS? questionable livestock shipping method. Bag Broken? Unless someone steped on the box and crushed it it shouldnt have broken that means it was bagged poorly or something wrong with packaging method. And yes Maximas like to be on something hard but you can put them in the sand with something hard underneath them. Crals dont hurt clams but anemones and stuff will sting them......did that help?

2. Click Here!

3. ClamsOnDemand

FYI most my maximas dont have anything under them and they are in the sand. They just shoot out their foot nice and long into the sand bed.

4. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

I have a lot (A LOT) of zoas, palys, shrooms, gsp, acans, candycanes, xenia...stuff like that...and my GBTA pretty much X's out my entire right side of the rockwork because its HUGE!

5. Kevin3884

Absolutley helps....and yeh it def wasnt the best packaging I've ever seen..

6. Kevin3884

ok so you think he will be fine in the sandbed then?....what should i take note of to let me know if things are going down hill for him?

7. ClamsOnDemand

If he starts gaping and his mantle pulls into his shell for a long time then that is not a good sign.

8. Click Here!

9. Tropical Addict

Tropical Addict Bubble Tip Anemone

That's a good looking clam. Too bad about the condition it came in, hope it makes it.