New local fish store.

Discussion in 'RARS' started by AaaRr, Jan 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. AaaRr

AaaRr Spaghetti Worm

For those of you who do not know there is a new Local Fish Store. They are called Sierra Aquatics. Their website does not appear to be finished and 403's out. You can add them on facebook just search for it. They are located at 1296 E. Plumb Lane. Suite L (Costco Shopping Center) Reno, NV, 89502.
    It has been a couple months since we lost are last one hopefully this one stays for a bit longer. They will be doing saltwater, freshwater, exotic reptiles and koi. I went to the store Sunday and they are still in the process of setting up. I ordered a couple of things a return pump if they can get it and some loc line. So far Jim (I think is his name) seems knowledgeable and will try to accommodate the needs of his customers.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

This is great to know, thanks for posting.

4. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Yes this is good news. Hopefully they'll stay. Getting livestock online gets pricey so we need a good local option.

5. CupidofCrime

CupidofCrime Fire Worm

Hey guys! i went in today and the store is still being set up, but it looks like it's gonna be a viable local option. I talked with the owner (jeff) , and he seemed pretty knowledable and down to earth. He said he's willing to order anything you'd want and may look into local frag swaps and sponsoring them. the fish seemed healthy except for two that had what looked like marine ich, but he told me they were in a different system meant for quarantine. Which is encouraging that he's quaranting his stock before sale. Well that's my two cents, got the 29 back up and currently cycling!

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Congrats on restarting. We may be having periodic frag swaps soon. I will update as I find out more.

7. AaaRr

AaaRr Spaghetti Worm

Jeff is very helpful and will try to get what he can from what I have noticed. I have already asked for some random items and he has ordered them for me. Could not get a ballast in the store because of pricing and vendor issues. I needed salt so I picked up some salt instead of always ordering it online so far it has been working out and I like it. Overall I wish them the best of luck.

8. Click Here!

9. benbabcock

benbabcock Bubble Tip Anemone

i wish i lived in NV...could get married, lose my money AND buy fish!

10. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Aren't numbers 1 and 3 the leading causes of number 2?

11. benbabcock

benbabcock Bubble Tip Anemone

if the demographic is 3reef members, then yes, that is correct.

12. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Just went in and at least this weekend it was pretty sad looking. Lots of ich and other infections, dead fish in tanks, bleached anemones tumbling around, algae all over rocks and frags. Hopefully they can pull through and be decent.