NEW LIGHTS!!! Now what can I get?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Birchell, Aug 7, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Hey guys,

I just got my new orbit sunpaq in today. It is a 20" hood with one 40 watt daylight(10,000k and 6,7000k), and one 40 watt actinic(460nm and 420nm). This is over a 15 gallon nano tank. 20x10x18.5. I was wanting to start putting some life in it, but just dont know what will work. I bought this light thinking almost anything could be put in here, but I could be wrong. Any info would be great. Thanks,

Mike

2. Click Here!

3. serotonin

serotonin Purple Spiny Lobster

If you want to start on corals, perhaps some xenia?

4. mannyhernz

mannyhernz Fire Worm

try something of a starter like leather zoos or even the favorite mushrooms!..good luck.

5. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Thanks

Thanks guys. I am hoping to get some pumping xenia, and some mushrooms this weekend. It is amazing what the light is doing to the tank, and how it is going to empty my check book. I have found a new 8 tentacle polyp of some kind growing on a rock(not a glass anemone), the Coraline is going crazy, and I also found some kind of soft coral growing on the live rock now. I guess they were all hiding, or dieing till I got the light.