new light fixture for my 29gl

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by mr_z, Feb 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

sorry i thought you had asked what difference was between 10 k actinic and that?
    secondly you had also stated you would spend up to 150 bucks on a new unit. in the near future, you didnt say when but we all gave you some good options,

as for the t8 i dont know anyone who uses those bulbs on saltwater, t8 bulbs are old flourescants that were stopped being used because of their inefficiency and cost.

think of it this way, do most people use lead paint still? no, but there is a rare person who does.

2. Click Here!

3. mr_z

mr_z Bristle Worm

i didnt ask for a difference i said i saw those kinds of bulbs at my lfs. i said i wanted to replace my t8 in the time being. i bought all my equipment used fish tank, stand, light, filter, heater for $40 dollars like you guys said you pay what you get for so i got that light with everything for what i paid for. (on craiglist) i know no one uses a t8 bulb on saltwater and it is a joke dont you think i feel dumb even saying i have one. i never stated i wanted a new fixture i said "a fixture" and forgot to mention t5. there have been other people that are very helpfull on this website and i thank them i mean no disrespect but if you were in my situation with money youd be doing this on a budget also. and i am new to the hobby also thats why i am asking. im sorry i dont know much about prices for lighting so please forgive me. i shouldve just stayed quiet and not asked so i wouldnt have been embarrassed because i have t8 light that came with my tank. sorry

4. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

Correct me if I'm wrong but I answered exactly what you asked. Secondly don't feel embarrassed we have all made huge mistakes. That is why we are here. Lord knows I am. I didn't want to come off in any kind of negative way sorry if I did but we are all giving our advice to your questions. So please take your own advice and have manners and be mature we all take time time to answer each others questions. So please be respectful and thank people for their advice because all we are saying is tips to help you. Whether you like it or agree with it. Take it and do more further research and see what you end up with.
    Thank you and sorry if you don't like my opinion/advice

5. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

its good you asked, but you also have to respect the advice others give you

6. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

you have been given good advice but you seem to reject it

7. mr_z

mr_z Bristle Worm

i thanked everyone in the message right before yours nc and i thank them all again. and i did respect everyones advice this is the reason im asking i want to toss my t8 and get a t5 fixture that is why i asked i never reject anyones advice but it seemed like bvb was getting smart when he kept saying he didnt know anything about t8 thats why i said i started getting the way i did. a simple answer like the one 2in10 gave me wouldve been a litte better than the way bvb answered at first 2in 10 is one person that has helped alot with his advice on my other posts and everyone elses post as i see it and i like the simple answers he gives and how he points in the right direction. but i do thank everyone else just like i did before.

8. Click Here!

9. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

i was not being smart, you must have misread, be thankful for people taking the time for giving you advise and help and stop bashing them

10. mr_z

mr_z Bristle Worm

i already thanked everyone twice and ill do it a third time thanks

11. OrphekUSA

OrphekUSA 3reef Sponsor

I concur with the T-5 recommendation...PCs are terrible!