new green zoas

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by shecter, Feb 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. shecter

shecter Fire Shrimp

picked the green ones up today the others i had.
    [​IMG]

is this a bad nem type thing i should remove?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. fishyfinder

fishyfinder Teardrop Maxima Clam

Looks great! Very nice collection. Yeah, you want to get rid of it or have a plague like I did. Don't pull on it or mess with it. Try boiling water in a needle. I find that works the best around zoas.

4. shecter

shecter Fire Shrimp

how do i get said needle and how do i boil water in it? lol im new to this

5. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Nice looking Zoanthids Shecter - the green ones look very intense in color

you need a syringe really with needle not sure where you would go for one of these to be honest

I use Aiptasia X , which comes with a syringe and provided you follow the instructions properly ( move slowly towards the pest nem, allow tentacles to close around needle and then cover nem with the paste) it does work
    if you go to fast and spook the nem into withdrawing and then still squirt it anyway
    then it does not work - best case scenario in that event is the single nem comes back
    worse case scenario is you spooked the nem into releasing mini nems (preservation instinct) and then you end up with dozens of them

so if using Aiptasia X move slowly towards it and release liquid as you do so
    allow tentacles to close around needle and then paste the central disc of the nem with the Aiptasia X

I have an 80 % success rate with it now
    when I 1st started , I reckon it was less than 50%

Steve

6. Sadie

Sadie Coral Banded Shrimp

I don't know if each state is different, but I can buy them at CVS for 12 cents. :) They work great!