New Fry

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by Land_Fish, Mar 19, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

You did something I could never do breed cichlids. The parents always made a meal of their kids.

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Believe it or not the male here I got for free at a local petco as some lady was moving and just dropped it off there... oh wait I have 3 already but no spawning.
    After I got him home it only took a week to pair off with one of mine and they almost killed the other one that was left alone. I took that one to a LFS and made sure it got to a good home. Every 10 to 20 days they spawn and I have had only 2 spawns that have lived. this is the third if everything goes well.

Put some melaflex in the tank and the females eye is looking 100% better now.
    They are still doing some fighting now and then but looking like this spawn may make it.

4. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I had bichardis that would spawn like clockwork every 33 days. Great fun to watch

5. reefman_MC

I've alway wanted to get two of those electric blue jack dempseys.

6. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=reefman_MC link=board=Freshwater;num=1079747162;start=0#13 date=03/23/04 at 18:02:36]I've alway wanted to get two of those electric blue jack dempseys. [/quote]

I had 2 of these and man they were mean SOB's

7. reefman_MC

Yeah, but they're hard to find. I've looked everywhere.

8. Click Here!

9. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

i love the look of the jack dempseys they are a nice looking fish, those fry you can raise them then maby have a 3 reef drawing to give one or 2 away ;) ;)

10. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=karlas link=board=Freshwater;num=1079747162;start=15#16 date=03/30/04 at 04:55:05]i love the look of the jack dempseys they are a nice looking fish, those fry you can raise them then maby have a 3 reef drawing to give one or 2 away  ;) ;)[/quote]
    These are green Severums but I am really not wanting to try my hand at shipping live stock. It would break my heart if they did not make it.

11. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[​IMG]
    Updated photo- fry eatting this morning

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Beautiful fish!!
    Man I really like those.
    Very nice Naut! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]