New frogspawn

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by SyntheticBreed, May 9, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SyntheticBreed

SyntheticBreed Feather Duster

I just got back from a new fish store and purchased a hammer coral. I have a perfect place for it, one of my rocks has a whole down the middle. The coral came on a coral plug and I was worried if I put him down there he may not be able to spread. Do they grow new polyps or does he just grow? I apologize if this question is kind of confusing.

[​IMG]

The image is very blurry but its about an inch in length and an inch or two deep. The plugs long enough but it is very skinny. Hopefully someone understand what I'm talking about, It's an odd question to phrase.

Edit -
    [​IMG]

The coral plug is down in the hole, leaning towards the back. If I stand it straight up and glue it down it will not have rock surrounding it, it'll be close but not snug.

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. xJamesC28

xJamesC28 Bristle Worm

I found that with my Torch, It didn't get nearly as much spread when it was stuck between rocks as when I had him in an open area. He's much happier now that he's on the sand! :)

Since I've put him on the sand I've noticed multiple heads popping up and that answers your second question, euphyllia grow by the head. You'll probably notice in a bit, A little bump coming up under the skin.

4. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

If visually you like where it's at, then keep it. If the coral does good, then all is well. If the coral does bad, I'd look to relocate (possibly to the sand as suggested).

5. DevinH

DevinH Montipora Capricornis

Just a tip on your blurry picture, don't put the phone up against the glass, hold it back about 6 inches.

6. SyntheticBreed

SyntheticBreed Feather Duster

I've ended up moving him to the sand, I can find a different coral for the hole. Now I'm worried he may be getting to much flow, its not direct but hes moving. Any way of telling?

7. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

They'll let you know. If its too strong they will retract.