New food

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by the fisherman, Apr 24, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

Would like to know if anyone has tried the new Instant Ocean gel foods.

2. Click Here!

3. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

no I had looked at that. Seems to be more expensive then just buying the frozen. I am curious though

1 person likes this.
  4. JBL

JBL Sea Dragon

I had some that came with some salt I bought. Its ok, but hard to target feed and comes out in clumps. Some fish get to eat, some don't. I'll stick with the frozen stuff.

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I've tried it and my fish hate it!! It seems like it really pollutes the water too, because it either comes out in big clumps or these super tiny little particles that the fish ignore. Maybe the corals like it? I don't know.

Anyways, I tried it several times and my fish refused to eat the stuff. Plus, it's really gross! I hate getting it ready. Needless to say, it went in the trash.

6. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

All of my fish ate it wholeheartedly. The 6 fish would eat a full packet in one feeding lol.

It is pretty hard to get to come out in a decent size for fish not willing to grab big chunks (blue spot jaw fish) or tiny bits. Some corals do it eat, as I've seen some of them grab it and not spit it back out. Hermits and shrimp will eat it too, if it gets right up to them.