New Fish - Sailfin Tang

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by mirandacollc, Dec 30, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sharkyshark

sharkyshark Spaghetti Worm

beautiful fish, hope he gets better. keep us updated

2. Click Here!

3. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I waited for along time before adding the 2 yellow tangs. They are large yellow tangs, one is approx 5-6 and one is about 4-5 the sailfin is about 5ish inches being its bigger then one and just about as big as the larger one. I hate the fact that its hard to find larger fish for big tanks and then larger fish that are as good looking as these tangs only to see them not play well. The sailfin doesent take it from the smaller one and the larger one only swims at it occasionally. It did get the sailfin on the top in two spots the first night.

As for the ick ummmmmm boy its not looking so good. the fish did eat earlier. I turned the heat up to 81 and turned the lights down to help it relax. I also say it hovering near the cleaner shrimp almost wating its turn to get cleaned. I hope for the best, and I must say I really like this fish and its look so I really dont want to see anything happen to it. The yellow tangs!!!!!!!!!! I wanted one forever but im questioning them now!

1 person likes this.
  4. Crabby Jim

Crabby Jim Sea Dragon

I feel that Yellow Tangs can be a little nasty too. I am in the process of restocking my 120 gallon tank finally after months of reconstruction . I actually added my first fish and it is a 3.5-4 inch Sailfin Tang just like yours. I wanted to start out by stocking the "shy" fish first. I had been a little concerned with mine too at first she wasn't eating like she was at the LFS and seemed really shy but has come around nicely on both those fronts thankfully. The ICK is probably from the stress I would leave it alone and hopefully she will come through. I have had that happen in the past and my fish almost always got over it. the cleaner shrimp might help too Unfortunately for mr my sailfin is still afraid of my cleaner.

5. tinnghe

tinnghe Purple Spiny Lobster

could almost got my hand on one yesterday where a guy is selling him, nice and fat, but i already have a yellow tang a blue and naso, always have fear to introduce something with the same shape, better safe then sorry for me

6. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Just an update, the sailfin is looking better and is eating with the feedings. I am happy to see that she is moving around in the community now. I am being optimistic that things will be ok. I have my fingers crossed!