New Fish - Sailfin Tang

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by mirandacollc, Dec 30, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

I want a 220:angry:
    Great fish. Really nice tang.

2. Click Here!

3. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Awesome! Sailfin's sure are pretty aren't they?

4. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

beautiful fish (even though we could barely see it) jk jk jk

5. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Ok I am a believer.. Nice fish I am jealous !!

6. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Good buy! They are both of the genus Zebrasoma and if you had a smaller tank I would advise against adding tangs of the same genus to the same tank, but with a 220 you should be very happy about your new addition and even more happy that it is already sticking up for itself against the boss of the tank.

7. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I noticed that it sticks up for itself even thought the yellow tang has a slightly larger body and seems more powerfull. They did have a couple go arounds but getting better now. The yellow tang has left it alone and the sailfin is swiming around even though it seems to be the most shy fish in the tank. I have to say im impressed with this purchase and it was the best 30 dollar fish yet! The yellow tangs were two times that price and dont have the personality and look this fish has. I wont add anymore tangs but sure would like to know what else I can add to a reef tank with some corals in it that will be ok. I want to put some angels other then the coral beauties but fear they nip at the corals.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Nice tang. I am thinking about getting another tang for my 90g.

10. kFAMOUSK

kFAMOUSK Skunk Shrimp

i have a sailfin for trade or sale he is about 5-6 inch pm if u wana see a pic

11. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Just an update the fish has a bad case of ick. I am stressing a bit the fish is very shy and is not eating much. I hope to not lose this fish. The yellow tang and it dont get allong all that well but are not picking at eachother. I am doing all I can to make this go away.

12. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I would like to have another tang but, I think my yellow would kill one if it was smaller /same size. I added a Foxface about a month ago and the yellow ripped some skin off of him. The Foxface is known for being super peaceful and would just turn around and raise his spines. After a few day the tang learned his lesson and they get along great now. I think the fox stung him.
    Is the sailfin bigger than the yellow? I'm sure the ick is from the stress of the move combined with the aggressive tang, but could just be from the move alone.