new external refugium set up advices

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by Flyariv, Jun 27, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Flyariv

Flyariv Flamingo Tongue

Hello All

being inspired by the julian sprung external refugium i am trying to do something similar, in my project after reading around i am still confused on the plumbing set up.

i have a 60 gallon tank , what i though to do is to put the display fuge lower than the DT and put a flexible silicon pipe (similar than the one of the chiller) from the main display reef tank down to the fuge , and drill a 2inch drain line at the top of the fuge to have the water back to the sump.

any remarks ? any suggestions ?

thx Yariv

2. Click Here!

3. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

I have this setup running under my tank. Drain line goes to 40g breeder fuge. Then the fuge has a 1 inch bulkhead that empties into the sump. Works great and you can really fine tune the flow.

My tank has 2 drains so one goes right to the sump and the other I can tune how much flow goes to either sump or fuge.

4. Flyariv

Flyariv Flamingo Tongue

thx sboshibby, can u show some pics ? i am trying to see how it looks like , as its all theory in my head :) thx for sharing :)

5. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Here's a few pics.
    The second pic you can see the 40g on the right draining into the sump by simple bulkhead and pvc 90. uploadfromtaptalk1403888969396.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1403889004069.jpg

6. Flyariv

Flyariv Flamingo Tongue

great system !! thx for sharing :)