New critters ID

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by m_lacom99, Aug 19, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Hi All...

1st off Great site... i've been looking for a site like this for a while now.

2nd My question.

I just bought a new piece of LR with a small colony of ZO's on it and while looking at it i noticed things moving. I have what i think are very small bristle worms from what i read in the forums on this site but i have something else, it looks like a bristle star but its white and its about the size of a dime with its legs extended. I've seen bristle stars before, green, black, red but never white. Do they exist or is the little critter something else? And what do i do with it and the worms? My feeling is to let them be but I'm new to reefs so need some of your expert advice.

P.S: I'll try to get a picture up soon.

thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Welcome, glad you found us!

The little star fish are a good sign that your tank is healthy. You atre correct in letting them go as they are good members of your tank maintenance crew. Can't wait to see the pictures!

It would be great if you edited your profile and added your tank setup and information to your signature. Helps us know how to help you.

4. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

thanks for the rep. Craig.

pictures are comming soon

and i added the signature in my profile to give you an idea of what im working with. theres alot of things i want to change but its very expensive in canada to keep a reef so im just going at it a little bit at a time.

5. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid