Unresolved New coral not looking so good

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by jdameli1, Nov 20, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

If you have only had the zoanthids 12 hours I would give it some more time like a couple of days. And you can dip in something like CoralRx or equiv. But they just maybe still acclimating.

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

about 99% of the time, when you see zoanthids that are 99% closed up but tentacles are sticking out, that is usually the frilly things from nudi's and not the zoanthids tentacles. They will even take on the color of whatever zoanthid they are eating. If you look about 1/5th of the way down on the pic (on both the left side and the right side near the frames edge), I see 2 that are likely nudi's. I dip mine that I purchase even though I'm buying from a store where I know they were dipped previously (because I did it there too).

4. jdameli1

jdameli1 Torch Coral

What kind of dip?

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I've always done a buffered RO/DI water dip with Revive (often at double strength) or with darker zoa's Lugol's Solution. I've heard great things about CoralRx and I'm going to try that soon.

6. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Thank you kind sir.