New CONTROLLABLE Light!!

Discussion in 'Reef Breeders' started by Reef Breeders, Sep 6, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

Np, we are ordering them this week, so pre orders will guarentee a fixture from the first batch.

2. Click Here!

3. mattb57

mattb57 Banned

So How many units would I need for a 72"x24"x30"? Also Is there a way to get one of these units with the controller and add regular units that somehow connect to the main unit to control them using the one controlled unit to control the other light fixtures, if that makes any sense? I know the description says linkable, but that is a broad term. Does that mean they attach to one another like other units I have seen or can you share controllers with another model or the same model light fixture? Or do they work independently no matter what?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  4. Anthos312

Anthos312 Millepora

wow! I was talking to logan a lot and was about to get the 96watt fixture. Then i thought to myself, why not controllable and moonlights for an extra $50?

Did not have this kind of money, but screw it... figured i would treat myself.

Looking forward to when this ships and it arriving :)

Guess I am one of the few that pre-ordered. Thanks for the help anenome/Logan. Lookingg forward to the setup and adjusting color from my couch.

5. Reef Breeders

LOL! I'm sure you will love the new fixtures Steve!

6. Reef Breeders

They all program separately, the linking only brings power to the units. I would reccomend 3 with 90 degree optics, I find 60s to be a little tight for 24" front to back. I wish they would link that way, but at $300, they cost less than most slave units already out.

7. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

I have a question. What would you recommend for the optics if I would want two of these units to cover a 75 gallon standard tank.

8. Click Here!

9. mattb57

mattb57 Banned

Yes I understand, They are great looking and a very good price.

10. Reef Breeders

I would do 120s, your tank is not deep enough to need optics. We will be buying them all with optics, they are twist on and can be swapped, or added later or removed in about ten minutes

11. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

This is pretty convenient and a nice feature.

I also like the modular aspect of the optics. Are the individual diodes soldered in or they modular as well? I may be looking into one of these for my 90 pretty soon to test out.

12. bhazard

bhazard Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

They are soldered in.

If you are a nutcase warranty voider like I am, the leds are easily replaceable with other similar bridgelux/epistar leds. Anemone's ratio looks great, so there is really no need to make changes. Keep the warranty.