New concept? Mood = Moonlighting (Video Up)

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by insanespain, Jun 17, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

Hmmmm... I just may look into the same thing. Searching amazon right now, LOL.

2. Click Here!

3. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

Not to high jack the thread but some of yall should be ashamed. There were people that diss'd this idea and hated earlier in the thread, and you turned to be some of the same people giving props and going ohh and ahh when one of the sponsors unveiled the same type lighting. You should be embarassed of yourselves.

I still stand by my original thoughts, good idea and cant wait to see how it turns out.

4. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the Ecoxotic module.

Thanks for the props khowst. Will definitely post pics.

5. insanespain

Alright so I finally got the items from amazon. It was pretty cut and dry. The flexible LED strip had 3M adhesive tape on the back, so I used that to stick it to the reflector in my quad T5 fixture. Worked perfectly and its a seamless integration to the stock fixture. The remote works great and has good range.

I've got plenty of pics. I just got this installed 15 minutes ago and I'm LOVING it already. I'm really digging the color fade mode that fades through all of the colors. This thing cost 45 bucks and it was definitely worth it. It brings a whole new "WOW" factor to the tank.

This is all there is to it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Testing it out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mounted in my T5 fixture:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. insanespain

And of course the FTS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Wow! That is AWESOME!! You gotta post a video to show off the color fade feature. :D

8. Click Here!

9. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

10. insanespain

I'm workin on it. My camera is a piece of junk so I'm gonnna try my ancient droid. The pics just do not even do it justice.

I'm actually kinda liking the white mode, dimmed way down. It's easily dim enough to run for 24/7 moonlights and its kinda neat being able to see everything under white.

11. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

Gotta give you props for experimenting with that. I think its awesome though I believe the red is to dark for my liking (but I don't mind it(

Good work!

12. insanespain

Yeah I actually thought I was going to like the red alot more than I do. It looks alot darker in the pic than it does in person. Those are just a few colors I snapped pics of. It does 15 colors plus white, so there are some variations of red thrown in the mix that you can select. There's a really sweet Magenta color and an awesome Teal that looks more like the ocean IMHO that regular blue moonlights.