New concept? Mood = Moonlighting (Video Up)

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by insanespain, Jun 17, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Oh my God. Are you guys serious right now? What I said could have ill affects. Spectrum of lighting is completely different than emitting a single color. I didn't start yesterday. You kids have fun, not going to waste my breath.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

wow, I dont know it ATI or Salifert sells a rage test kit but you might wanna check your levels.

I am not saying you are right or wrong. I am only saying I dont really see imo (remember we can have different opinions) how 4-6 radio shack LED's (1.5v/ 20mA) are gonna do any damage to a tank when placed over top of a tank for an hour or two at night.

I guess i can set my kids Buzz Lightyear next to my tank for an hour each night & see what happens cause its got about the same number of LED's on it.

4. Ron P

Ron P Astrea Snail

I've kicked this idea around a few times myself. I've always been told that the critters in the tank didn't see/respond to red light and to use a flashlight with a red filter at night to better see stuff after lights out.

If this is true then there is a lot of things I come up with using red. The question is whether or not it is unhealthy for critters. I don't know a good way to test this though.

5. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

this is ridiculous guys, every thread with you few people gets unbelievably heated with almost no exceptions. im out, and im not the first apparently.

1 person likes this.
  6. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Right, I believe that if you want coral POP try violet. Thats all.

7. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

I don't know why everyone is throwing a hissy fit over a simple discussion. There are a few people that jumped in here talking about how it can have ill effects, but when asked to offer some facts about why, they just go on a rage. I have yet to see anyone give one good reason why you should not do this, which is why I will be the one to build it and test the theory, so everyone else that's being a crybaby can calm down and wait for the results.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. Click Here!

9. Ron P

Ron P Astrea Snail

I'm not into all the arguing stuffs but in my experience a good discussion is worth it's weight in gold.

I think the idea is a cool one so I can't wait to see what results you get. Guess I'll have to add this idea to my mile lone research list. lol

1 person likes this.
  10. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

i have not seen anybody say that it had any serious ill effects on a coral, in my opinion i just think it would look awefully fake and take away from the look of the tank. the reason people are having fits is when they offer their opinion you and khowst attempt to gain up on them and belittle them if you do not agree, even a very experienced person on this site has already been driven away by your bickering.

11. insanespain

Maybe u need to reread your post where u stated you were leaving this thread. And fyi, me and khowst haven't belittled anyone, we simply asked them to backup their statements. I am still waiting for that to happen. Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion here, but I don't think its out of line to ask them to give some reasoning behind it.

12. insanespain

It should be a fun experiment, I actually think having some nice fades between some of the cooler colors would look pretty good