New clip on light

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by zenarrrow, Jan 3, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Plankton

We just bought a new clip on Halide light for our aquairium as addition to out regular lights. Will we have any ill affects, should we run it only part time? Will it kill anything? We have 8 fish many zooanthids a gbt anenimie kenya weed coral a moon coral. What and how often shall I turn it on? I wanna leave it on all day but the wife is freaked that we will kill some things. Vivid Aquariums - Buy Online - Fish Store in Los Angeles - Buy K-2 Viper Metal Halide Clamp-On Lamp

Their is the light if that would help

2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

i leave mine on 6 to eight hours a day. it wont kill, it will give birth to new creatures that will be able to survive in your personal marine eco-system. just make sure you acclimate your corals/ fish to the new light. Maybe run it for an hour the first day with your lights on when they normally are. the next day add an hour to its duration while still leaving the normal lights on. do this until you have it at the desired length of time you wish to run them. Enjoy the beauty of halides.

Bobby K.

4. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Plankton

Thank you very much I will heed your advice and acclimate it slowly.

>>>>>>>>-------Zen------------>

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I would do it for more then just one day at a time. Maybe start out with 1 hour for about 4 to 6 days then add some time. You want to be careful not to bleach anything that is not used to the light. Take your time, don't get in a hurry. ;D Better to be safe then sorry.:-/