new build...I need people's expertise... help!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by GSUBiology, Feb 27, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

As always much debate on the lighting but always good information to make an educated decision.

Compact Florescent bulbs are an economical, energy efficient way to provice light for your vivarium.

LED Lighting is the best long-term solution for lighting your poison dart frogs. LED lights are the most energy-efficient solution on the market, and produce less heat than more traditional forms of vivarium lighting.

T5 Lighting provides quality 6500K lighting that will allow your vivarium plants to thrive! T5 lighting does produce more heat than other methods of lighting, so fixtures should be suspended above the vivarium.

2. Click Here!

3. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

4. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

Sorry guys I was being sarcastic. I was trying to play on the more light is always better no matter what theory. I thought GSU was making a MH joke so I went with it (sorry if you weren't).

MH would bake a tank to death lol. MH plus a black background could probably actually bake cookies (idk maybe).

Sorry guys, hope you'll forgive me...

5. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

ha ha you should have bolded and capt the lol..missed that

6. GSUBiology

GSUBiology Feather Duster

It was partly a joke although it has happened that people surprisingly agree when I joke around. :)
    I was expecting to hear somewhere in the realm of a T5 set up or LEDS but i wanted to make sure.

I will look up those links. I already have a fair idea on what I want my tank to look like. I just need to find out exactly where to get the materials that will work best. :) so thanks for all the help guys!

More ideas and links are welcomed!! (please :) )