New Bubble Coral..more issues

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by MagReef, Oct 20, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MagReef

MagReef Flamingo Tongue

I purchased a bubble coral from online. When I opened the box I noticed the coral was out of the water and I do not know how long it was out of water. It was not dry so I assume while on the FedEx truck water was at least splashing on it. I got it on Wednesday, today is Saturday and it is still not fully extended. It seems to be coming out a little but not up past the skeleton. Any suggestions? I have a two week warranty and didn't know if I should contact the supplier. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. bulltrader

bulltrader Bristle Worm

I would definely contact the seller and inform them of the situation and condition you received it in. They may have some advise for you and / or at least they are aware before the 2 weeks is up. Sometimes it takes awhile for them to get "happy" with your environment and water conditions so I would wait a little longer. Good Luck!!

4. reefboy23

reefboy23 Feather Duster

At this point i would lower my lighting a little bit and make sure water parameters are check observe the coral and let it adjust you can add a little Dt's phyto and maybe a very small amount of vitamin supplement and see what happens...you just gotta get the bubble comfy. :)

5. MagReef

MagReef Flamingo Tongue

It's been almost two weeks. The bubbles are out, but they are small. They don't extend past the skeleton. Is this normal or should I still contact the seller before my warranty is up? I was wondering if it was still a baby and was just not big enough to extend past the skeleton or not. I don't know what they look like as babes. I have placed it in a corner of my tank that has lower light and lower water flow in hopes that the bubbles would extend more. Should I put it like under a shelf to help keep the ligh it is recieving low or will in the corner do. It would be located in the front left corner of my signature photo. I checked my water and everything is normal. I have been target feeding it hoping to help it out some.

6. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

I just got a bubble coral a couple weeks ago as well. My first one, too. It was weird because I ALWAYS wanted one but would constantly pass them up. But anyways the guy in the store told me "low light and low flow to start out with." So although it was in one of the uppermost spots of my tank, I put a strip of cardboard on the center brace to help to shield it from the light. That seemed to work and I haven't had a single problem since.

I wouldn't worry about it having been out of water. In nature, tons of corals (although usually SPS) are exposed to the air and sun at low tide basically daily. Just calm down and let it be, really. Unless you see its skin peeling away from its skeleton, I would just let nature takes its course. If you keep pestering it it will take longer to come out.

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Really hard to see the bubble in that pic. Can you post a close up picture of it?