Urgent new brain coral

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by tank1970, Jan 2, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tank1970

tank1970 Bubble Tip Anemone

I just put him in on Dec 31st - I will try the iodine dip.
    my other coral (torch) is doing great.
    This is my first brain coral. I will keep feeding mysis shrimp - unless you have other food you think would be better.

2. Click Here!

3. tank1970

Mag is at 1280

Should I dose to increase?

4. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

I do not believe a dieing brain will nuke the tank. I tried to revive a brain that I had ordered online and I believe it was dead when I put it in the tank. I left it in there for almost a week and didn't see any problems with water quality. The people at the lfs have even put dead brains in their tanks to let hermits pick them clean. They like to show different coral skeletons. They look cool but are kind of creapy if you think about it.

5. damon

damon Sea Dragon

ya I would not take it out for quite a bit, they can look really ugly and still make it as long as it's still got a mouth you got something. I would start feeding bigger chunks of raw shrimp that you get from the normal store. The way I do it is try to get it eating bigger and bigger things. I also try to only change one thing a week except the feeding if it eats I feed it!. Did it puff up after being feed?

6. tank1970

Didn't puff up since the first day

7. Nor_Cal_Guy

Nor_Cal_Guy Gigas Clam

That is a bit low...I would dose, but that's not your problem IMO. I wish you the best luck...I think you can bring it back with good feeding and excellent water quality.