New Board: Algae!

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Jan 22, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

'What is this red stuff all over my sand?'

Help! This hairy algae is taking over my tank! What do I do?

Many of us have answered the same algae questions over and over again. After a while I began to realize this in part due to not having a board for algae!  :eek: ::)

SO, in a coffee induced flurry, I went through hundreds of pages in the forum and moved all the algae stuff onto its own board:

Welcome to the new Algae board!

I think this is definitely a win/win. New comers will quickly find answers (many answers!  ;D)  to their questions and hopefully myself and others of you will not have to repeat the same answers over and over again!

Wahoo!

;) :)

matt

2. Click Here!

3. dx7fd2

dx7fd2 Sea Dragon

Great work Matt...it is nice to have this forum because we all go through similar problems, and good things with algae. It will be nice to have a forum board specifically for this. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Drew

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]Excellent Idea Matt You Da_Man [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

5. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

6. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

This is a fantastic idea. Does ich, tank stocking, .... rate the same?

7. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Nice work Matt. Great Idea

J

8. Click Here!

9. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Great Idea Matt! Thanks for spending the time to keep this board up and alive. I use it everyday and get much help as well as some enjoyment here. Its nice to have a place to come and share my love for the hobby with others that enjoy it as much as myself.

Jay

Those of you that enjoy this forum should consider donating to matt for the expense and hours he has poured into this place for us. Heres the donate link. If you can please do.

http://www.3reef.com/donations.shtml

;D

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks Jay. :)
    And everybody. Glad you like it. I hope it helps.

[quote author=Craig_Manoukian link=board=Sitenews;num=1106421908;start=0#4 date=01/23/05 at 10:58:34]This is a fantastic idea.  Does ich, tank stocking, .... rate the same?[/quote]

Ahh.. that was it. I was trying to remember what all we talked about before Craig. Ich definitely is the runner up, not sure if it merits its own board, but it would be nice to group all the ich posts some how. I am traveling right now for work, but I'll give this some thought when I return this weekend.

Thanks again,

matt

11. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid