New API Test Kit and Algae

Discussion in 'Algae' started by adam, Feb 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

I was getting green algae on my sand so I got a new API test kit today and tested the phosphates of RO water from Walmart and Giant Food Store and I got a reading of close to 0.5. Then I tested my tank and I got 0 which would make send if I have algae on my sand it is absorbing the phosphates. If I get a RODI unit do I have to replace my pull out faucet. I dont understand why both companies waters would get the same readings? Both companies are from different manufacturing plants.

2. Click Here!

3. janderson2k

janderson2k Flamingo Tongue

Unreliable methods of RO/DI... They probably do a bagillion gallons at a time (lol) and go as long as they can on there filter media. I use a RO/DI unit on my system and I still need a phos reactor (awesome little device). The best way for me to attach it was to add a splitter to my washing machine water line (similar to what you would put on a hose feed outside to run two hoses from one line) and taped in there. GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND! Let me know if I can help anymore.