New Apex Tempature Probe Problems....

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by turbocooper, Dec 25, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. turbocooper

turbocooper Plankton

Just got a new Apex, however the temp probe is reading in the 20's even after confirming that the unit is in degrees Fahrenheit. I have found a few other threads with issues like this but no resolution. I have tried firmware updates, reboots, etc. Any help would be much appreciated! Happy Holidays!

2. Click Here!

3. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Give the folks at Neptune a call (e-mail them I mean). I had a few issues with my Apex and they were quick to diagnose and replace my module and display. Great folks there!

4. nvladik

nvladik Flamingo Tongue

You can also try a full re-set of the unit, when I got mine I had to do that a few times.

You didn't remove the cap on the probe, did you?

5. turbocooper

turbocooper Plankton

Emailed Neptune last night, I have tried a full reset several times and no luck. I did not remove the cap of the temp probe, only pH

6. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

When you tested your PH probe did it fluxuate a lot on you? Mine did a quick check and stayed never bounced around like the package suggested.

7. turbocooper

turbocooper Plankton

It did some what on the 7 solution (temp was prob around 72) however it settled in about a minute, it settled much more quickly when I changed to the 10 solution.

Did you try putting the probe back into the calibration solutions after to see what the controller reads?

PS. I have the lab grade probe if that make a difference at all

8. Click Here!

9. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

mine came with the standard probe. When it expires I'll get the lab grade from here on out. I did try and they pretty much did the same thing. The way the manual talked I thought it'd bounce around quite a bit more is all.

10. turbocooper

turbocooper Plankton

It bounced around in calibration fulid after you had already calibrated?

11. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Sorry, nope, on the initial I thought it'd bounce around quite a bit more. The second time around it dropped straight to params. I think 7.1 and dead on 10.