New and need help please!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by BassinWV, Aug 21, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BassinWV

BassinWV Plankton

2. Click Here!

3. Lucky13dt

Lucky13dt Spaghetti Worm

Just click the picture link, cut and paste...

[​IMG]

4. BassinWV

BassinWV Plankton

5. Lucky13dt

Lucky13dt Spaghetti Worm

Anytime...;D

6. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i disagree my father has a 40 breeder and his euro-reef pulls out two cups of skimmate a week. you might not need it now only a month in but it will be needed later one. a skimmer is always good. once you see the crap a skimmer pulls out you will never want to be with out on. if only they would work on freshwater tanks *sigh*

7. spinyboxspike

spinyboxspike Plankton

I love that quote that you have about puffers on the bottom of your posts! lol

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

If that is a picture of your tank, and assuming that the starfish lives through the cycle, you'll want to get rid of the starfish if you plan on keeping any anemones or corals. It will eat them.

10. spinyboxspike

spinyboxspike Plankton

Thats actually my tank as well, bassinwv is my roommate. Its a large chocolate chip starfish that is red in color. There is also a smaller ccs in there as well. We dont plan on any corals or anything cause we really like pufferfish. I am told they will withstand the puffers wrath!

11. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

so what exactly are you testing for. You say everything zero. What are you testing?

Be careful and research your fish choices. Some fish will not do well in a 40G tank. Plus once you add a large fish that will elliminate the ability to add other fish.

J

12. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

So, the LFS said the water is perfect? Yet the tank is very young and is overstocked, with fish that probably shouldnt be in there in the first place. I smell something funny...
    You need to get your OWN marine/reef test kit, and a decent salinity/sg tester. Your water should be tested at least once a day. Be VERY weary of what a LFS tells you. I have learned that the hard way a couple of times over.