NEW ADDITIONS

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by reefermadness420, Sep 28, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefermadness420

reefermadness420 Flamingo Tongue

So I've been waiting three months to add fish finally got time to go down and have a look came home with a clown, two damsels and some species of long tentacle anemone I'm hoping my clown will like. So I ask what they feed their fish they show me omega one food pellets I grab a jar pay and go. Now i try to feed my fish the first time and they can barely get pellet in mouth and spit it right back out. What cab I try to feed tgem

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Fish may take days to start eating after introduction. Frozen is usually a good choice as well. Mysis or an Seafood mix with marine algae. I have had fish go for 4-5 days after introduction.

Piano10 likes this.
  4. reefermadness420

I crushed the pellets a little flicked my finger in the water the clown came right to me. I dropped some in and he ate a few pieces. They are all almost the same size the clown is about inch and a half the damsels an inch and a quarter. Any suggestions on the anemone? I can't upload pics from my phone for some reason but ill find a pic online of one

5. reefermadness420

it looks like a corkscrew anemone. If I feed it will it take it and if do what can I feed him

6. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

anemones don't need to be fed, in fact feeding to much can lead to an internal bacterial infection that can kill the animal. light is their main source of food. this being said you can try feeding it small pieces of shrimp (depending on the size of your anemone) once or twice a week.but i would not feed more

Piano10 likes this.
  7. reefermadness420

tentacles are four to six inches and alright I have good lighting so that's a good thing. Thank you guys for you help

8. Click Here!

9. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

I am not sure if a cork screw nem and a clown fish will interact with one another. I wouldve done a bta. Also how old is your tank? My rule of thumb is no nems for a year (when I feel a tank is established).

Swisswiss likes this.
  10. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

iv seen my percula interact with a bubble tip, a condy and now a flower anemone.... they do prefer bubble tips though but I'm guessing they make do with what they have....

11. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Swisswiss likes this.
  12. reefermadness420

I saw clown In this anemone when I bought it just didn't buy the clown that was in it my tank has been 3 months I've tested parameters daily for a month now and it's an ocelar is clown