New Additions: Scopas Tang & Angler

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by 07FocusST, Apr 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TriggersRule

TriggersRule Feather Duster

Makes me want to go get an angler so bad.

2. Click Here!

3. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

you do know about anglers right? Will eat anything and everything in your tank that he is able to get into his mouth. Including things that are bigger then it. They are to be kept in a tank by themself. They are very patient hunters....will sit there for days before going after and grabbing something. That clown for sure would have been a goner had he not died. I am not sure the scopas is safe if your angler is the size of a baseball.

4. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I somehow missed the second page....I am glad you know that it will eat your fish!

5. 07FocusST

07FocusST Flamingo Tongue

thanks for your concern... I monitor the tank very closely... any interest in its tankmates will result in the Angler being transferred to my 100G

6. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I am glad you posted this, and I read the entire thread.

I was going to.

That is a big angler, and I hate to say it, but it will eat everything in your tank. If it can't fit it in it's mouth, it will try and the fish will die.

There is a reason the other fish don't come out and swim all over.

Those damsels were not small. And the angler had no issue with those.

7. 07FocusST

the Damsels were almost 1/2 the size of my Clarkii... I am not concerned about the tankmates. My Clarkii is very smart and stays around his Rose BTA most of the time and just wanders out for a brief moment to observe his surrounding. My Scopas Tang is too big and skittish and will scare off easily if anything around it moves. My Pseudochromis is really fast and skittish... He hides 22 hrs of the day. My Lawnmower Blenny would be a target if anything.... I would be sad if he got eaten but its just the reality of owning cool fish. And my Lionfish is way to big for the Angler.

8. Click Here!

9. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Well, at least you are aware of the issues you will most likely encounter.

10. 07FocusST

Yea, its being handled very well... Just keep them fed. Haven't lost anyone yet.