New Addition to Tank

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Diana☮♥☺, Apr 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Diana☮♥☺

Diana☮♥☺ Astrea Snail

Hello fellow 3Reefers!

This is an update to my tank.

I have been testing my tank parameters, and so far, they are great. Ammonia, Nitrate, and Nitrite are all at 0 consistently. My pH also stays at 8.2 and my salinity is at 1.024.
    After my tank was fully cycled and any big algae bloom came and went, I decided to introduce my first piece of coral. The coral I introduced to my tank was the Candy Cane Coral (Caulastrea furcata). Being eco-conscious, I bought a frag which caught my eye.

The outside color of the Candy Cane Coral is a deep red-velvet color and in the middle (mouth area), it is a bright lime green. It is very stunning and the base (skeletal structure) is healthy along with the tissue.
    Once the coral was acclimated, I added it to the tank. Once in the tank, it closed a little bit but then, minutes later, it opened up and acted like how it was acting at the store.

I am really hoping that it does well, and so far, it looks like my hopes will become true, for the little fellow opened up again within minutes in the tank;D.

Thanks 3Reefers and I'll keep you all updated on my coral and tank.

Sincerely,
    Diana:)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011