New Addition - 2 Inch Blonde Naso Tang

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by JaysLittleOcean, Jun 26, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean Spaghetti Worm

I just purchased a 2 Inch Blonde Naso Tang for my aquarium and she is the only one of the bunch that isn't interested in acclimating with no issues. She spent most of the 1st and 2nd day staying inside the rockwork and not eating. Day 3 toward the end of the day she has spent the later part of the day slowly hanging out in the open but still not eating. My main question is what is your go to food for enticing tangs to eat? How aften do you feed your tangs and what amount?

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I make my own food with all fresh seafood ingredients that get fish eating right away. I actually sell it to some local fish stores. Try putting some fresh mussels, shrimp, mysis and seaweed in a food processor and that should spark some intrest.

4. JaysLittleOcean

Sounds like a good idea. Okay not to sound like a fool, but my kitchen knowledge is lacking. Food Processor is not the same as a blender correct?

DSC reef likes this.
  5. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Pretty much. A blender can liquify the food so be carefull. You want chunks small but not a liquid. You can use a little ro water but don't use tap.

6. JaysLittleOcean

M wife just yelled at m saying not to touch her food processor. Apparentky we own one that is now off limits to my fish world.

DSC reef likes this.
  7. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

Go to an Asian food store and buy Nori. Make sure it doesn't have anything added like spices.
    Put small pieces in food clips near where the fish prefers to hang out at this time.
    Remember to remove any pieces that come free and aren't eaten so you don't severely disrupt the organics in the tank.

8. Click Here!

9. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Check out Dr G's food lines. They have great stuff and there seaweed is amazing. They have some great frozen and fridge rated foods. I had to buy a food processor just for fish food so I understand. Lol

10. JaysLittleOcean

I have honestl been throwing around the idea of setting up and area in my home to grow phytoplankton, brine shrimp, rotifers and basically all the other food I need. Any thoughts on that?

11. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Lots of work I'd imagine but never tried. Might be cheaper to buy them outright

12. JaysLittleOcean

I dont mind outting in the work because around were I live no local store stocks them live.