New 40G Stretch Hex

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Jason McKenzie, Apr 11, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I spent the day yesterday drilling my new 40G.  This will be used to house my BTA and Clown fish.  It will be set up so that the eggs the Clowns are laying can be easily removed and hatched out in a 5G that will be housed in the stand.  I will have to tank drains one to a Refuge and the other to the hatch tank.  In turn they will overflow to a sump.  here are the picks

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

The holes. Four in total

Attached Files:

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Man that is a gorgous tank J! :eek: [smiley=thumbs_up.gif]

That will look so cool!!

Did you drill it yourself?

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Re: Re: New 40G Stretch Hex

I almost could not see the tank as I was blinded by the wall color... LOL :D

Cool thing to do just for your clowns. what are you planing on feeding them? I heard somewhere that you have to build some kind of food factory for them little ones.

6. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Re: Re: New 40G Stretch Hex

Awesome J! I'm jealous of your talents!

7. Jason McKenzie

Ya I drilled it with the help of Jack from Ocean Aquatics. We have been building a lot together.
    I plan on running one overflow into a Fry tank. This tank will then overflow into a sump. I will feed the fry tank with Rotifiers (the food of choice for Fry) the other overflow will drain into a Refugium and then to the sump. I'm sure this will be incredibly over engineered.
    The lighting is a little over the top and I may think of down grading. It's an 18" 250W HQI 14000K pendant

Craig that colour is the front enterance of our house. it's a two story wall of red. It's to let people know what they are infor when coming to our house :). A little shocking but Fun Just like us
    J

8. Click Here!

9. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

keep me updated mister

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Any new pics J? [smiley=wink3.gif]

11. Jason McKenzie

So Saturday I built the external over flow (no pics) it 15X10X6 It will house two derso overflows. It should be pretty cool. I will mount it this week and take some pics.
    I decided, for the internal portion of the over flow to angle a piece of black Acyclic to create a slim line box. so it come off the back of the tank at about 30 degrees and runs the full length of the tank.
    It will make more sense with a pic so give me a couple of days I just have to pic up 6 bulkheads for this monster then I can begin.

J

12. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Sounds like good stuff. Can't wait to see the pics!