New 14k (SPS)Bulb

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by omard, Dec 24, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

One of the most obvious effects of moving from 10K to 14K MH bulb rec'd from Tangster is that my Chili coral, which used to rarely open, stays expanded almost continuously now. All other corals seem to be fuller then ever before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This bulb, while somewhat more expensive then many of the cheaper ones available, is certainly worth the extra $. And works as advertised.

Contact Tangster if interested. (When back on feet and ready to do business)

Bulb Description

Benefits:
    South Pacific Sunlight (SPS) Metal Halide bulbs are designed to replicate the beautiful shimmering light of your fish and coral`s natural environment. These bulbs are specifically engineered to enhance the polyp extension, color, and growth of your corals. Unlike some other bulbs, SPS Metal Halide bulbs are manufactured with built-in igniters (starters) that allow them to be used with any type of ballast.

SPS Metal Halide bulbs are ideal for most Acroporas (SPS), Anemones, Clams, Hard Corals (LPS), Leathers, Mushrooms, Polyps, Soft Corals, and Xenia.

Available in 175 watt, 250 watt & 400 watt In your choice of:
    Crisp Blue - 10,000k representing 10-30 Ocean Depth Feet (ODF)
    Mid Sea Blue - 14,000k representing 30-60 Ocean Depth Feet (ODF)
    Deep Sea Blue - 20,000k representing 60-90 Ocean Depth Feet (ODF)

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Looks great! Has the anemone started to color back up yet?

1 person likes this.
  4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Can I ask you how much where they? and what type of ends does it come in?

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

They come Mogal socket and double ended. They are a fantastic bulb to use. I have the 400w 14k's and I love what they have done to the tank with growth and visual effects.8)
    Blue Life USA

6. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Funny that the coral in the pic. Is not use Light at all. Must but allowing for other things happening in the tank.

J

1 person likes this.
  7. Camilsky

Camilsky Montipora Capricornis

Gosh! They are impressive! I'm jealous all the time :-[

8. Click Here!

9. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Scott that bulb represents the true color or K at 30 to 50 ft of water on avareage and thats a depth most of the corals you / we keep hang out and do well at.. Its not you imagination its the bulb as I suggested to you that if you tried this bulb and did not see a difference I'd exchange it for what you wanted for free. Its takes a lot of proof to change my mind and the bulb proved its worth to me .. Glad you found the same results as all who have changed to them.. Happy you like that bulb just sorry you got one the the weak ones first time we had 3 or 4 from that one case to give us a problem.. But they solved the production issue .. Merry Christmas to all you good people here :)

10. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Lunatic the bulb is 79.95 plus 5.00 or so average shipping and insurance.. We finally get to a sales level to get better case prices then we where at when we first started to use and sells these bulbs ..

11. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Anemones still completely bleached out...may take a long time for them to recover...if ever.

[​IMG]

Still eating and expanding...just no sign of any zooanthelle.

12. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Discovered mine likes "indirect light" --- something between it and main lights. It also like some flow, which is hard to get in my tank if under completely covered ledge, etc.

This particular coral has been in tank for years and has never responded like it does now to SPS bulb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.