Need your Opinion: Final Fish for Biocube 29

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Astrick117, Jun 19, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Which fish to add to my 29g Biocube Reef?

1. Orchid Dottyback

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Sixline Wrasse

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Longnose Hawkfish

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Ok, so I have room for one last fish in my biocube 29 and would love some opinions on what to get as I am stuck between a few options and can't make a decision. Please vote which you think I should get.

2. Click Here!

3. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

4. Zgetman

Zgetman Ritteri Anemone

for some reason it wont let me vote, maybe I am to new to the forums, but I would choose the longnose Hawkfish. They are absolutly cool looking.

5. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Oops- Good Point!

I have a Midas Blenny and 2 SA Fancy White Ocellaris Clowns, plus a range of corals (softies, LPS, SPS) and an all snail CUC

6. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Purple Spiny Lobster

The dottyback and sixline could become aggressive and cause problems. You could consider a black cap basslet or royal gramma instead (or a helfrichi firefish if money isn't an issue).

7. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

I had a royal gramma and other than the color, which isn't bad, i found it to be a relatively boring fish with little activity. My guess is that it would be the same with the black cap, as I don't believe basslets have that hunt and peck behavior. The helfrichi is flat out too expensive for me.

I like the fact that the dottyback and sixline both swim in and out of the rock pretty much constantly, hunting for pods and the like.

Thanks for the ideas though.

8. Click Here!

9. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

The true orchid dotty back, the ones with the black line threw their eye aren't really aggressive. Mine was a perfect citizen until she passed. :( My Six line can be a little but head at times. So I vote for the Dotty back.

10. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Voted Longnose hawkfish. Love the personality of these guys. Plus not as many people have them compared to dotty backs and sixline wrasses. JMO.

BTW i'm seeing orchid dottybacks starting at 79.99 online on liveaquaria(not diver's den), is this right?

11. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

The sixline would be okay with the current stock, but if you ever wish to add (or replace) a fish in the future, the sixline will make that virtually impossible. Just food for thought.

12. BioNemo

BioNemo Astrea Snail

Have you considered a Goby? Maybe a Purple or Fire Goby. Mine is peaceful and I enjoy watching it.