Need Xenia and Kenya tree eating animal

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by scenario1313, Aug 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

I'm sick of these corals. What will eat em and if they eat my other corals so be it. I am sick of looking at these corals taking over everything. Should I add some sort of Angel. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. dees reef

dees reef Feather Duster

Please give them away, or trade them. I am willing to pay shipping if you want to do that. You can pm me. These corals are known for their invasive habits, please research carefully before adding more coral.

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I don't think there is anything that will do what you're looking for it to do. I would just frag/cut what you can and maybe take the rock out and scrub it really good or bleach it.

5. scenario1313

Your telling me to research. Ha maybe I'll get in trouble for this but............ No never mind I'll bite my tongue. You gonna buy the rock to as just fragging them off does nothing but make them spread worse. Time to nuke the rock.

6. scenario1313

Yea I know there is nothing to do it really without risk of other corals on the diet you just got to vent sometimes you know what I mean. Keep on keeping on my friend.

7. Skylark

Skylark Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Perhaps you can trade a rock full of the Xenia for new base rock or other supplies plus additional credit at your local LFS? I've seen a few people do this recently.

8. Click Here!

9. dees reef

dees reef Feather Duster

would consider buying rock if price is fair.

10. Triggerfish

Triggerfish Ritteri Anemone

I agree with them, you should try fragging it, then maybe trying to lower the amount of nutrients in the water. I have a friend who has 2 types of xenias and gsp and they don't spread very quickly in his tank.

11. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

This is awesome. Hey, about every 2 months I throw away handfuls and handfuls of softcoral. Do you want to buy all that too? I'll gladly ship you some every couple months for a profit on my end.

I've tried kalk paste on this stuff... It kind of works, if you can get it all...

I'd say time to nuke and get it over with. My tank went through an entire rebuild to get rid of Xenia and GSP.

(all documented in my thread)

12. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

id be interested peredhil. PM me with types of coral. i love softies! but unfortunately, dont want to pay 20 bucks for a soft coral frag lol