Need to pick one

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Taylormrt, Oct 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Taylormrt

Taylormrt Astrea Snail

Trying to pick a new tank 150,180,210 a 210 would be nice but don't like how tall it is it'll be a fish only maybe some live rock just wanted to give my fish more room and turn my reef back in to a reef any thoughts

2. Click Here!

3. budsbunny

budsbunny Bristle Worm

i love my 150 ...can reach the bottom with out a dive suit ....the 110 tall i had was horrible to work on

4. sjnovakovich

sjnovakovich Bristle Worm

I have a 110 tall reef ready that is set up with fresh water. I'm looking to sell it because its just too big for the room. If I had the money to light it properly (30 inches deep and 4' wide) I'd make the effort to move it to another room because it would make a FANTASTIC reef because its and older Oceanic with starfire glass. Was your 110 a reef.

(Don't mean to hijack the thread)

5. ivanbosk

ivanbosk Feather Duster

Yeah, i definitely second the thought that you need to be able to reach the bottom of the tank relatively easily

6. Ford101

Ford101 Fire Shrimp

If you have the money... bigger is better! ;D But in all seriousness, choose a size that would allow for easy maintenance. Check out those sizes in person at a friends house, LFS, etc, and see which would be a nice balance for you personally. IMO a 150 is huge yet still accessible.

7. Dfost115

Dfost115 Astrea Snail

I vote for the 210. Its a good size for keeping large angelfish.

8. Click Here!

9. Taylormrt

Taylormrt Astrea Snail

I think it's going to be a 180 fits in the space better and easier to move if needed sad thing is I sold my 300 about 5 yrs ago when we thought we was selling the house then as soon as it sold we more like she wanted to keep the house should have stayed in hobby all I know my lil 1" angles are growing out of there tank fast

10. Taylormrt

Taylormrt Astrea Snail

As close as I can get with the 4 of them together

Attached Files:

11. mattb57

mattb57 Banned

Nice Juvi French, I have one as well. Well actually I think he is a French/gray hybrid but, non the less a great little fish. He's really small, I don't think he is over 1.5 inches

12. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

210 8 x 2 x 2 or if you can 8 x 3 x 2