Need to know what this is??

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by nept2n, Jun 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Yeah, thats weird, I know that I've joked around with them before, maybe a joke gone wrong on their behalf;). Glad its all worked out and hope ya got some free coral out of it;)

2. Click Here!

3. nept2n

nept2n Coral Banded Shrimp

I hope so too Cosmo. A couple of the pieces were snapped in two. I did some glueing so it's to early to tell but in my opinion they don't look to bad for their second day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

1 person likes this.
  4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

good luck, I'd just make sure before there 14 day guarantee runs out that you use it to your utmost ability. That sounds like a massive shipping problem because they're packaging is incredible, IMO.

Anywho, hope it all works out

5. nept2n

Thank you. I've got the calendar mark... Lol

6. nept2n

Your birdsnest looks incredible!! I can only hope that mine makes it and it gets to look half as good. :-[ Great video. What size is your tank?

7. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

Thanks nept2n, their in a 40b which i hope to upgrade to a 65 by next year. I hope yours come around, could been the extra travel time stressed them out a little more, both sos corals been very active and have not retracted at all. That was the first time I didn't have an issue with an order though from them. bonus corals are always nice, but not at the price of losing what you wanted.

8. Click Here!

9. nept2n

RJ what kind of flow do you have on your nest? direct/indirect/moderate/high?

10. reefnJeff

The water flow on the Birdnest I would say is high but not constant, he sets between 2 water movers, 1 is fixed and the other rotates, so as the one rotates he gets blasted with moderate flow from the right side, then when the one that rotates towards the Coral, he gets a good blast from the left, so its not constant from one side. I really like that rotating device I put on my powerheads, it does eliminate that constant blow from one direction all the time, hows the Corals looking?

11. reefnJeff

I don't know if you seen these things or not, but I really like it, does a great job of not having that constant flow from one direction, I like it.

Attached Files:

12. nept2n

The brown mushroom is looking pale today, no change on the red candy or the nest, the one I'm still un sure of is not looking good at all. It looks worse by the day. My elegance has taken a beating from the flow so relocated it. The leathe finger (I think) is thriving. Just checked my Alk (10) cal (480) mg (1400) and zero across the board on everything else(A,N,N). I also reduced my light in case the brown mushroom is getting too much. It's funny though the other one doesn't seem to be affected.