Need to know what this is??

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by nept2n, Jun 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

I understand you're upset, and getting the wrong coral does suck, but that doesn't mean you have to "raise hell" with one of the most prestigious saltwater suppliers online, IMO.

As far as the corals you did get, xenia and toadstool are my guesses.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

I think he has the right to raise hell, if they are so prestigious, then his order should have been exactly that (Pristine) if they mucked up they should make right no questions asked, not give him the run around telling him hes lucky to have received more. thats ridiculous I'd be ticked too

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Then just ask what went wrong? If i messed up two peoples orders, one of them "Raises hell" and the other just says "listen, my order got messed up, heres pics of what i got and what i was supposed to get, could you please correct it or give me credit," guess who i would send the right coral to........

5. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

I looked at your video and I did see the Red Candy Cap Coral and the Orange Guttatus Birdsnest Coral, and I think I seen the Duncanopsammia Coral also, the Red Candy Cap just looks a little deformed :/, what was the bigger looking sps coral?

6. reefnJeff

7. bullyhaze

bullyhaze Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I would call and get crunk alot of money goes into this to much to be messing up like that

8. Click Here!

9. reefnJeff

Hey nept2n, here is my order! you will love the PE on the Corals for not even being in the tank for 24 hours yet. The soft Coral is being a little slower than the other 2, but he'll come around i'm sure.

NewCorals001.wmv - YouTube

10. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I'm sorry, but liveaquaria and divers den rocks, hands down one of the top online live vendors there is, and I've ordered from my fair share. I feel badly that your order was incorrect, but when doing the volume of business they do, a mistake is gonna happen here and there. I've ordered from them 4 times, and had to deal with customer service twice,(2 wrasse didnt make it and and sps) which was extremely easy and quick. They offered to make it right however I wanted. And one of the wrasse died 3 days later, and the sps rtn'd about 10 days afterwards. All money was refunded no questions asked.

Not sure that a vendor with such a great reputation deserves to get ripped for what seems like an obvious shipping error.

OP, sorry about the situation, but I'm sure a phone call to them, which they will actually answer, will solve the problem. Good luck;)

1 person likes this.
  11. nept2n

nept2n Coral Banded Shrimp

Cosmo, everyone, I know they are one ofthe largest and most reputable on line vendors. For my 75 gal FW tank I got all my stock from them. Any issue I had was taken care of. Now that I have my 90 SW I will continue to order from them.

My call start calmly explaining my problem to the agent, I only ripped a new one after I got that sarcastic remark from that agent. That was not the type of response i was prepared to hear and literally caught me off guard. I don't know how some one else would have reacted but that was my reaction.

I also want to say that they did make it right.

12. HollyG

HollyG Teardrop Maxima Clam

I agree with the first being a xenia. And second is a toadstool... the third seems to look too slimy and limp out of water to be a finger leather.... my first guess on the third one would actually be a Colt coral. I use to have one, and they shrivle their branches and look like a "clumpy limp ball of slime" lol but then will branch back out later as they acclimate.