Need some options on Ick Treatment

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by swinkreptiles, Dec 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. swinkreptiles

swinkreptiles Melanarus Wrasse

I cant find anything other than setting up a qt tank but i dont have one and I Dont have the space. I just added a cleaner shrimp to try to take care of the issue. My Blue hippo, Kole tang and Maroon clown male have it, should i just give the shrimp time to do his thing or is there anything else...I dont want to use medications because of my coral and other inverts. Anyone have any info on other options?
    Thanks.....

2. Click Here!

3. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

The shrimp won't clean ich off of your fish, because it can't. Ich burrows under the scales, unlike most other parasites, which makes it pretty much the only parasite immune to cleaner shrimp/wrasses/gobies.

Either you QT and use hypo/copper/formalin (the only scientifically proven ways of treating ich, despite what some will tell you), or keep them well fed and pray.

4. wfb2270

wfb2270 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

sums it it pretty well. i went the keep them well fed, pray method and managed to keep one fish alive through my ich outbreak (lost 3).

5. nicodim55

nicodim55 Coral Banded Shrimp

Try Herbtana by microbelift, it worked for me when I had the ich breakout.