Need some help

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Tbstr3, Oct 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tbstr3

Tbstr3 Skunk Shrimp

i believe im having cyano algae outbreak i have done about 5 water changes recently and it comes back every day or two it get real bad the tank is somewhat new so i thought i was having a small cycle but this seems to be a bigger problem i knwo there is a product i have used before it was called red slime remover or somthing but i no longer have it ive changed my lighting recently also but i added a night light to the mix which is a Blue LED light idk if this is acting as if the lights are on 24 hrs a day ? maybe its too bright but here is some pics maybe you can offer some sdvice to rid of it thatnks

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. drew3

drew3 Blue Ringed Angel

blue hermit crabs eat it. try increasing flow to that area as well and keep doing water changes

4. Tbstr3

Tbstr3 Skunk Shrimp

thanks just ordered another 150pc set of cleanup crew

5. crazy reef love

crazy reef love Skunk Shrimp

Are you using tap water. My friend had to stop using tap water cause it was causing so many algae problems.

6. dumbderk

dumbderk Purple Spiny Lobster

I had a bad Cyano outbreak when I first started, I found out it was because I was feeding way to much. But to reduce it down, I found that lowering the amount of lighting during the day kills it off because Cyano is photosynthetic. So a good way to get rid of it is, increase flow, less lighting, and reduce feeding if to much is being fed to the tankmates.

7. dumbderk

dumbderk Purple Spiny Lobster

also a sea hare mows through cyano