Need some help with names..... Will trade 4 karma.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by missionsix, Apr 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Maybe I missed it but did you name them as well?

2. Click Here!

3. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Not yet.... I know where to go for names now:). I wasn't going to name them because I have no idea how to tell some of them apart. Now that they are getting older, personalities are starting to come out. They are also supposed to be all hens (ladies) and I understand that the chances of a rooster are pretty good out of the bunch. What a horrible situation for the rooster. "Here Angelina" roosters are supposed to be pretty tough little crackers and very protective.

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

If you do end up with a rooster, will you get rid of it (so that you can eat the eggs that the hens produce)?

5. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure if I'll keep the rooster(if I have one). I don't really want to deal with it. Probably going to give it away. I'm pretty sure you can eat eggs that are fertilized and un-fertilized. I guess if you neglect to collect the eggs and the hen decides to incubate for a while, then you wouldn't want to mess with it.

6. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

A farmer friend of mine had a rooster and hens...If you can get in a habit of nest checks every day when you feed them gather the eggs up and refrigerate them, the growin process stops if any started at all..

7. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

showtime rotisserie ;D

here's 2 more names unless they've been said...Fric and Frac

8. Click Here!

9. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

I was thinking Bonnie & Clyde but it was already there. I should get 50 just for participating :)

10. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

Keep the rooster and 4 or 5 hens seperate so you will have more hens later....You can hold the eggs to a light and tell if they are fertile or not.....And those lil bity chicks in the eggs are killer catfish bait....so it is all a bonus to keep a rooster....

11. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

Where we live outside of Tampa there are wild roosters that everyone hates. Those sob's run around all day crowing there heads off. They used to sit on the fence by the bedroom window and scream there heads off. Until we got our bulldog, no more rooster around our property.That bird was in our yard once and my dog took off after him and the bird thought he was safe on the other side of the chain link fence. Dog ran and scaled that fence with pretty good ease.

12. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Here are 2 names I came up with..

Lunch and Dinner

LOL

In all seriousness, those little guys are adorable.