Need Opinion!

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Heather Carver, Mar 29, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Heather Carver

Heather Carver Astrea Snail

Hi Everyone!
    Currently I own a 29 Gallon Freshwater Tank. In it I have two angelfish (1 zebra lace and one kio angel). When I bought them they were babies but now they need a tank upgrade. Basically, I need your opinion on two things and what route to go in.
    1. PetSmart has a 56 Column Tank on sale. It includes the tank, stand and hood. My one concern is the length. It's dimensions are 18"L x 30"W x 24" H. Would this be suitable for two angels and some tetras?
    2. In my room, I only have the length for a 45 Gallon Tank. Petco is having their dollar per gallon but by the time I bought a light and a stand, It would be more than the 56 Column Tank.
    What do you guys recommend?

2. Click Here!

3. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

For angels I've seen them get pretty big. I'd advise on the 45 for length. Bigger us better though so if you can get something bigger that would be best. A 54 I think is basically the same floor plan as a 45 but height on the 54 is a lil bit more. I'd look around on Craigslist and your lfs. Usually lfs have tons of used tanks For sale and cheap sometimes. Craigslist its a hit or miss but I've walked away with my 90 gal reef ready set up fo 150. Sump tank and stand.

Mr. Bill likes this.
  4. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Agreed, the column won't cut it. They need the length for swimming area; additional height (and width, if possible) won't hurt, either.