Need ID on Weird Discs

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 14, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

No prob. Thanks for the tip.

Funny thing ... I've had some friends in town so I've been running around and haven't done anything to my tank, but I noticed tonight that the population has leveled out a bit and hasn't taken over my tank. They also still hang out on one side of the tank.

Glad I didn't do anything really drastic - this may be manageable. :)

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

[quote author=Matt Rogers link=board=ASAP;num=1100468500;start=0#10 date=11/17/04 at 21:41:42]I noticed tonight that the population has leveled out a bit and hasn't taken over my tank. They also still hang out on one side of the tank. [/quote]

Glad to hear it! Hopefully, their numbers will keep dwindling and if they don't go away completely, you can always hope for a "happy balance". They don't do any harm but if you keep sps corals, they can block the light from the coral and, as a result, harm it indirectly.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

My tank seemed to like the little water change when I siphoned them last time. I'll probably do that again this weekend.

5. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Hey Matt there is always Prazi-Pro if thos little bugger happen to be parasitic and take off. http://www.uskoi.com/prazipro.htm Thought check out the contradiction I don't know what kind of worms you got. Prazi a safe effective wormer that is selective about what it kills. It work great on Discus.

6. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Well Matt Guess what I have the little ba***rds in my tank also [smiley=furious3.gif] So how are you making out getting rid of them in your tank?............................ John

7. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I just read the a yellow or a 6 line wrasse will eat the flat worms With the Yellow being the first choice any body have any experience with this? :-/ Your Help would be appreciated ;) :D.............. John

8. Click Here!

9. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Oh well guess not thanks all Again. ::)............ John

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

No experience here, but I heard the same thing. I also heard that there is a type of nudibranch that will eat them but they are hard to come by. How many do you have fletch?

11. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Well not a lot I just did some siphoning and I got a lot of them out, I caught them farley soon thanks to you Matt. as I was a little more informed as to what they were after looking them up after finding out that you had them. Do you know if a yellow wrasse is reef safe or not? :-/ ............ John

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Glad to hear it. As for the Yellow Wrasse, it appears to be fairly safe. I would ask our resident Wrasse fan - Craig.

I still have a ton of flat worms. But since I was going out of town. I didn't have time to deal. Will do so when I return.