Need help

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Meanie, Nov 6, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Meanie

Meanie Spaghetti Worm

I purchased 3 corals about 2 weeks ago and they finally started looking like they were doing good. Apparently, my crabs really like cleaning them. I have found them on the bottom a few times and I assume the crabs are doing it. Tonight I found one of them on the bottom again, but it had come off the frag plug. I took me a minute to get him back out from under the rocks, and he is obviously all closed up now. I put him back on top of the rocks but I have no way of securing him to anything. Will it be ok until I can get some coral glue?

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

More than likely, though specifying what kind of "it" it is would help us give you a better answer. pics wouldn't hurt either

4. FishThumb

FishThumb Astrea Snail

What kinds of corals?

5. Meanie

Meanie Spaghetti Worm

It's a Zoa.

[​IMG]

Picture is kind of crappy, but hard to get a good picture under the lights...

6. Meanie

Meanie Spaghetti Worm

If I pull the coral out of the water and dry the bottom a bit, then apply some Super Glue Gel to it, will I be able to attach it to a rock that is in the tank with out pulling out the rock?

7. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

I use a two part waterproof epoxy/tank safe to attach the few that I have. I do like you said then the tachiness of the epoxy kinda molds onto the rock you are placing the coral on.

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

You can use super glue gel, just do not get it on the zoanthids and your going to have to hold it in place while it sets. Epoxy would be better.

10. Meanie

Meanie Spaghetti Worm

I picked up some of the super glue gel today. When I get home this afternoon I will get it taken care of. Thanks for the help.

11. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

Just don't get your fingers glued to the cap like I did! The epoxy adds a little room for error IMO

12. avbarr11

avbarr11 Plankton

Another option is to just put the zoa in a small container with a bunch of rubble so he can attach on his own. Make sure he still gets enough water movement to provide him with some food, but not enough to blow him away!