NEED HELP WITH ICH TOO!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Black_Raven, May 27, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

My puffer and purple tang came down with ich in my FOWLR 120 gal tank. My hospital tank is only a 29 gal and it wont hold all my fish. Has any 1 treated ich with soaking food in seachem's metronidazole, focus and garlic?
    Seachem claims it works. I was also wondering if any 1 has any experience with fishvets product called Equlibrium no ich marine. Its supposed to be biodegradeable and reef safe, degrading from your system in 5 days.
    If none of these seem like viable options then I will try seachems cupramine. Its supposed to be less toxic to fish and removable with carbon and will not adhere to your substate. Any thoughts on these treatments?
    I have already begun freshwater dips.

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

I have not had any ICH in my tank...knock on wood but I know if you do a search here you will find what you need. It may have been 6 months ago or so so go back 300 days.

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

What is the status after the fresh water dip?

5. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

i usually add garlic about once every 2 weeks or so its a good preventive but there are medicines that are copper free you may want to look for them

6. gamma

gamma Spaghetti Worm

If you will be using cupramine, I would try to setup a separate hospital tank if at all possible. If you can avoid the possiblity of it mixing in w/ your substrate that would be best.

7. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

What specifically is the negative effect with cupramine and the substrate? TIA

8. Click Here!

9. gamma

gamma Spaghetti Worm

As long as he plans on keeping it a FOWLR he's ok. (I missed that), but if he does plan to have inverts that will be a problem.

10. cannon2222

cannon2222 Spaghetti Worm

Black_Raven if you can get a hold of May's issue of FAMA, you will find a very good article on marine ich. HTH

phil